Sytner Group is searching for an energetic and forward thinking individual who has a passion to be deeply technical. This exciting vacancy provides an opportunity to lead a fast-paced and dynamic team of outstanding colleagues who are delivering the next generation of infrastructure for our organisation.
This position forms part of the senior leadership team within the 80+ strong IT department and reports directly to the IT Director.
The design and delivery function comprises of the following sections:
- Technical Design Authority
- Projects and Field Services
The IT team at Sytner is currently enjoying a period of significant growth and investment – in this role you will be responsible for delivery of the existing project roadmap, research in to the next phase of our infrastructure development and delivering the associated projects and outcomes. We have an ethos of continuous improvement, and there is always something to do.
Key experience, skills and responsibilities;
- Experience in researching and designing enterprise IT infrastructure and architecture is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in designing highly available and resilient systems with a deep understanding of scalability and security.
- Champion and nurture a culture of excellence in your team, focussing on attention to detail and mentorship within the team.
- Excellent negotiator and previous experience of managing vendors and 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of designing and delivering solutions based on cloud-based platforms including Azure and Office365, and the ability to evidence automating processes and procedures to reduce manual effort.
- Broad and strong technical background with the Microsoft technology stack including; Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, DNS, Lync and Windows Server operating systems.
- TOGAF, ITIL v3, PRINCE2 or equivalent relevant industry and technical qualifications greatly beneficial.
- Any experience with Linux operating systems and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes will be advantageous.
- Broad and deep technical understanding of enterprise architecture within a large organisation.
In addition to these skills, you will be able to demonstrate an ability to assimilate a diverse and complex array of technologies. You will be a disciplined thinker and inspiring leader who thrives in a fast-paced, high-output environment.
You will also be someone who has a passion for technology, with a fantastic energy and a strong positive approach to innovating and continually improving IT
Sytner Group is the leading UK retailer of prestige vehicles, with 20 exhilarating brands spanning 140 UK dealerships. With continued business growth, this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the on-going success.